Company 3 / Method Inc currently has freelance openings for a Flame Artist to work on projects within our VFX department.
Location Not Provided
This position will be located in Los Angeles. The perfect candidate needs to be a dependable, team player with a great attitude, and be flexible with our fast turnarounds. They will work closely with the VFX Supervisor and VFX Producer in achieving the highest creative and technical standards of work.
The ideal candidate will work with directors, VFX supervisors, editors, and CG supervisors to facilitate the production of elements in preparation for compositing.
- Working with offline edits, prepping initial conforms as needed
- Organizing media for archiving and liaising with data services to ensure the space is managed efficiently on the Flames
- Supporting the head of production and Producers in bidding projects while supporting Creative director
- QC and Mastering
What You Bring:
- Knowledge of working with timelines, conforming and mastering deliverables
- A strong sense of compositing, color, design, and a thorough knowledge of the film industry.
- Knowledge of file formats and compression methods
- Knowledge of cleanup, beauty work, element integration, and matte painting
- Comfortable in a client attended bay, developing creative and building rapport
- Extensive knowledge of extraction techniques of bluescreen and greenscreen
- Solid knowledge of both VFX and finishing in Flame
- Nuke experience an advantage
- Knowledge of Tracking software
- Excellent understanding of techniques and technologies related to CG and compositing
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills
- Deliver work within established project targets and the high-quality standards of the company.
- Pro-active and an excellent communicator
- Ability to thrive under the pressure of tight deadlines.