The Goodman Theatre seeks two Floor Managers to be essential members of each Stage Management team for our23/24 season in our Albert and Owen Theatres, respectively.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Chicago Area
Apr 25, 2023
The Goodman Theatre seeks two Floor Managers to be essential members of each Stage Management team for our23/24 season in our Albert and Owen Theatres, respectively. The Floor Manager will join each Stage Management team during the final week of rehearsal to become familiar with the show and prepare the company to move from the rehearsal hall to the theatre. They will then work backstage with stage managers and crew during all technical rehearsals, previews, understudy rehearsals, and performances. The Albert Theatre Floor Manager will be assigned to six shows from September 2023 –August 2024, while the Owen Theatre Floor Manager will be assigned to four shows from September 2023 – June 2024. This is a seasonal, non-Equity position.
- Prepare and update paperwork for each show.
- Facilitate communication between stage management team, actors and crew.
- Run a backstage stage management track for all shows.
- Ensure that each show runs safely and smoothly.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to prioritize tasks and be very detail oriented, work collaboratively as a team member and maintain a positive attitude.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- College or professional stage management experience preferred.