NBC Sports Bay Area is hiring a Digital Content Editor (freelance) to publish, edit, package and occasionally write compelling content, particularly on our social channels and mobile app.
San Francisco Bay Area
This position will be responsible for using creative and innovative methods to post content using a wide range of tools on NBC Sports Bay Area’s social media accounts, website, and app. This position will report to the Manager, Digital Content.
- Create and edit timely, relevant written content for the site and mobile app in a fast-paced newsroom with constant deadlines
- Curate the mobile app and send push notifications around game starts, final scores, insider analysis and trending content
- Monitor news sources, in-house assets and games to identify audience-friendly stories that will result in enticing headlines and leads
- Copy edit stories in AP style with SEO best practices
- Craft language and package effectively on major social media platforms, especially on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook that draws traffic and followers
- Clip buzzy moments from games with proper captions using tools like Wildmoka
- Coordinate with colleagues on best practices for the display and distribution of content
- Execute and coordinate sold campaigns on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Properly prioritize production of content and ensure it is engaging, accurate, informative and current on all platforms
- Work with programming and production colleagues across all groups to execute editorial strategies and packages, while being aware of business and sales priorities
- BA/BS in Communications, Journalism or a related field
- 1+ years of writing and editing skills
- proficiency, with a strong knowledge of AP style and SEO. Experience producing content in a fast-paced news environment a plus.
- Excellent news judgment and ability to think quickly and act appropriately under high pressure
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of social media tools, including but not limited to Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Experience working with corporate accounts a plus.
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently with constructive supervision and also able to work effectively within a team environment
- Strong knowledge of sports, understanding what content drives digital audience interest (deep understanding of Bay Area sports a bonus)
- Ability to work flexible hours, including many nights and weekends
Additional Job Requirements
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in San Francisco
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Day, Evening, Overnight