The candidate will be required to edit content for use in various / multiple sports programs, both long form and short form content such as weekly studio-based programs, live news and remote programs such as teases, highlights, packages, Voice Overs, montages, and Sound on Tape.
Greater Chicago Area
Nov 01, 2022
This is a part-time position which may require the qualified candidate to work evenings, weekends and some holidays. The candidate will be required to edit content for use in various / multiple sports programs, both long form and short form content such as weekly studio-based programs, live news and remote programs such as teases, highlights, packages, Voice Overs, montages, and Sound on Tape. The candidate should also be proficient in editing for multi-platform content. These elements generally are time sensitive and require an eye for detail and a quick hand. At times you will be expected to work on your own with little supervision. This position may also have an Original Content component which requires a different approach to editing, storytelling, and the ability to convey a story via pictures, sounds and script.
- Edit features and long-form programming
- Edit for Pre and Postgame Live shows, as well as live other programming
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience preferred
- One (1) year editing experience
- One (1) year experience with non-linear editing system(s) experience (Avid, FCP, Premiere or similar editing software and systems)
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Chicago, IL
- Proficiency with Adobe Premiere Pro a plus
- Familiarity with all popular tape formats and file format systems
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
- Experience editing for sports productions or shows a plus
- Must have a passion and thorough knowledge of local and national sports
- Must possess poise under pressure and be able to meet tight deadlines, change and numerous other tasks.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and leadership qualities with the ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities a must