We are seeking someone very proficient in shooting, lighting with the ability to bring compelling stories to life.
San Francisco Bay Area
Mar 04, 2022
Candidates must have knowledge of contemporary lighting techniques and fully understand the use of professional audio/video equipment commonly used in ENG work. Have the ability to edit all stories in the field and will routinely set and execute live shots alone and often for multiple shows. Assignments also consist in conducting interviews as needed. Must be familiar with Frontline vans and ENG vans.
The Photojournalist/Editor will know how to troubleshoot minor equipment problems and monitor/perform basic vehicle maintenance. A positive approach to problem solving will be critical for success. Travel on short notice. Edit on Grass Valley non-linear edit system and edit a 2-minute news package in 30 minutes or less.
Photographer/Editor must be a self-starter and willing to generate content on all CBS platforms using all equipment at your disposal.
- B.A. degree in a related field preferred.
- Three to five years Photography/Editing experience in a major market required.
- Extensive knowledge of the Bay Area required.
- The candidate should have three to five years’ experience operating an ENG Live Van.
- Must be able to edit all non-linear systems with broadcast quality.
- Satellite uplink truck experiences a plus.
- Must maintain a current California Driver’s License in good standing.
- Work in a variety of environmental conditions including, but not limited to: intense noise, extreme temperature, weather, fumes/odors, dust, chemicals, smoke, and extreme heights.
- Photographers carrying camera equipment could be placed in dangerous or hazardous situations similar to, and along with, police and fire personnel.
- You will be required to wear a bulletproof vest.
- You must be able to travel by helicopter and light general aviation aircraft.
- Ability to travel by boat.
- Work overnight and day shifts.
This physical job requires the candidate to be physically fit to avoid injuries. Must be able to carry and set up ENG equipment often weighing 50lbs. Must be able to drive news vehicle to news story location, and to edit footage in confined areas/space.
Day, Evening, Overnight