CNBC, the world leader in business news, is seeking a Podcast Producer with exceptional storytelling skills and podcast production experience to support the day-to-day production of CNBC’s flagship daily news podcasts, and the launches of upcoming news podcast series under CNBC’s Business Day brands.
The ideal candidate will have solid business news acumen and editorial judgment, with exceptional audio production skills, and will demonstrate a strong capability to weigh in on and contribute to related podcast projects. A strong candidate will also have experience adapting TV content to an audio-first voice and telling compelling business news stories.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a short-term position unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead production of at least two weekly news podcast series
- Audio tape producing, including real-time scripting, and editing of live and just-aired show segments for daily news podcast under tight deadline
- Partner with editors on process, content, revisions to meet publish deadlines
- Plan story development and production processes
- Sort through multimedia content – videos, scripts, newsletters, and more -- to develop, adapt, and create compelling segments and stories
- Produce and write scripts for episodes, including intros, teases, edited segments, edited descriptions, and social media posts
- Pre-produce evergreen segments
- Maintain music cue sheets, master episode list, archived segments, etc.
- Partner with anchors, reporters, producers, and editors in developing stories and production process
- Other related production duties as required
• At least 5 years of audio production or related storytelling experience
• High level of skill in audio production and writing
• Ability to work in a fast-paced news environment
• Familiarity with tools like Adobe Audition, iNEWS, Stratus, and Edius
• Experience producing, mixing, and editing audio content on tight deadlines
• Strong audio mixing and editing experience
• Strong organizational skills, along with exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Knowledge of CNBC's content and brand
• At least 2 years in news or nonfiction audio storytelling
• Experience coaching and working with talent
• Able to multi-task and prioritize, and capable of handling projects with minimal oversight
• Detail-oriented self-starter with strong problem-solving and project management skills
• Avid podcast consumer, particularly of news and business stories
• Ability to navigate a complex production environment with ease