This is an entry level position. The duties are primarily clerical and technical.
San Francisco Bay Area
Jul 18, 2022
- Production Assistants collate scripts printed for the newscasts, and deliver them to the studio and control room.
- They operate teleprompter during the newscasts, and locate and retrieve file video and archive information.
- They also assist producers, writers, reporters, assignment editors, and newsroom managers in other duties related to newsroom operations.
- These duties include answering phones, logging tapes, sorting mail, maintaining the tape library, and other duties as necessary.
- Strong writing and communication skills required.
- Must be able to type well, spell perfectly, learn quickly, work well with a variety of people, and meet the tough standards of the high pressure environment of news broadcasting production.
- B.A. degree with some background in Journalism preferred.
- Knowledge of television production, previous internships with news organizations, and familiarity with the Bay Area helpful.
- Clear understanding and strong interest in government, politics, economics, environment, criminal justice, and other issues of public interest.
- Must be able to sit at desk for long periods of time, run scripts upstairs under deadlines, operate a telephone and a keyboard.