Weigel Broadcasting is in need of a freelance Studio Camera Operator responsible for operating a studio jib and or Steadicam camera. This opportunity is for someone that doesn't mind rolling up their sleeves and do something few have done before - launch a fast pace, high energy and brand new TV show.
Greater Chicago Area
Mar 02, 2022
- Steadicam operator for assigned studio productions in our shows.
- Lends creative input when necessary to enhance production.
- Assist in any studio lighting changes or prop alterations as necessary.
- Work with Stage Manager & other studio personnel to keep the studio clean and organized.
- Shoot and edit video packages for air, using broadcast and DSLR cameras.
- Perform live shots.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a live or taped studio production in a fast-paced environment
- Overall understanding and knowledge of studio-based productions
- Must be able to lift, carry, and move with a minimum of 40lbs
- Demonstrate a strong technical knowledge and application of camera related skills such as framing, movement, etc. to execute the content strategy for the creative vision
- Work in collaboration with Producers and Directors to execute overall programming strategy
- Candidate should be a problem solver and quick thinker to resolve existing issues and to work around problems that arise during show tapings.
- You must be detail-oriented and be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to think quickly and communicate well
- Flexible schedule. Available to work weekends, nights and holidays.
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance package
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- HSA Plan
- 401k with Company Match
- Vacation/PTO/Sick/Paid Holidays
- Paid Qualified-FMLA Leave
- Tax-free Transit
- Discounted Parking Access
- Gym Membership Discount
- Convenient access to highways and public transportation
- One block from the aptly named Restaurant Row