A Freelance Video Editor proficient in editing news packages, as well as packages for specials, series and shows.
The content is to be completed in an efficient and aesthetically pleasing manner. Editors are expected to complete assignments under strict deadlines.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Transcoding and converting content to be used for editing
- Edit voice-overs, sound bites, packages and shows for air
- Use creativity and sound news judgment to create interesting content
- Make certain all video and sound meet quality standards.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot technical issues with editing software and equipment
- Ability to color correct and mix audio levels. Understanding of digital workflows and file-based delivery
Education & Experience:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
Spectrum Networks believes every employee is an influencer and culture keeper. We expect respectful communication, openness to feedback, an eagerness to learn and grow, and an overall positive attitude.
Roles may require the following:
- Office environment
- Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time.
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components
- May be required to carry production equipment, such as cameras and lights
- On-call availability for 24x7, 365 days a year