13WMAZ is seeking a Full Time Media Technician. The successful candidate will be responsible for setting up and operating studio production equipment including robotic cameras, microphones, and related audio equipment.
Audio / Music / Sound
Feb 28, 2022
If you thrive on being an important member of a dynamic team with close interaction between control room and on-air news talent, we have an exciting opportunity. Ideal candidates must be able to multi-task and remain calm in a live production environment. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to begin their career in television with a rapidly evolving company.
- Duties include but are not limited to operating an audio console, studio cameras and teleprompter during live newscasts.
- Maintaining the on-air playlist at master control, executing and accurately documenting log changes, supporting live events, ingesting and conducting quality control reviews of broadcast media into automation systems.
- Providing immediate and appropriate responses to emergency situations including breaking news/weather.
- The successful candidate will manage and maintain the studio environment to ensure the proper functioning of studio lighting equipment, sets, cameras, microphones and related audio equipment, teleprompter, and robotic cameras.
- The candidate must work well in a team environment, and work efficiently in the execution of live television programming.
- This position also fills in on a as need basis for vacation relief.
- Working knowledge of all studio and control room equipment
- Excellent communication skills and a basic understanding of TV Broadcast terminology
- Positive attitude, encouraging others and supporting station goals and decisions
- Must be punctual and dependable
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule is a must
- May require mornings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Experience with both production and/or master control automation a plus
- Setup camera, lighting audio for ENG style shoots as assigned.
- Willing to train the right candidate
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%