FX Animators use dynamic and procedural systems to create natural phenomena (smoke, fire, cloth, etc.) and other visual effects.
Toronto, ON, Canada
Jun 09, 2022
What you will do:
- Create effects that reflect physical dynamics of natural phenomena and other visual effects to create a believable world for the story as directed by the FX lead or VFX supervisor.
- Develop techniques and tools to produce elements for rendering and compositing, and support them throughout production.
- Participate as a team member in determining various design and technical solutions.
- Participate in dailies and other meetings as required by production and management.
- Initiate dialogue and assumes responsibility for assigned work.
- Work with developers and/or R&D on new tools, while providing feedback in a timely manner.
- Consistently meet production, management and FX Animation team goals and deadlines in an expedient and efficient manner.
- Reel showing proficiency creating FX Simulations in Houdini and/or Maya.
- Experience with dynamic systems, including destruction techniques, particle systems, rigid body dynamics, volume rendering, cloth, fluid dynamics and other advanced techniques for the creation of natural phenomena and other visual effects.
- Strong application scripting skills, with solid programming skills in Python. Knowledge with one or more additional scripting languages required: Maya Mel, C++, HScript, VEX, HDK, Maya API.
- Linux experience is required.
- 2+ years of production experience with working knowledge of FX production pipelines.
- Background in Art and traditional animation.
- Renderman and Katana experience.
You will need:
- To work collaboratively with a team and take direction professionally.
- Ability to approach work with critical thought, analytical skills and solution-based focus.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States or Canada.
To be considered for this position, please include your resume:
To be considered for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please be sure to include the following in the subject line: <Resume: Your Name, FX Animator>
If your skills and abilities are a good match for the job opening, you will be contacted in the near future. We will make every attempt to contact all qualified candidates, but due to the high volume of interest in our job openings, we may not be able to contact every individual. We will not be returning phone calls or emails seeking further information about the opening or to confirm that we have received your resume.