FuseFX Vancouver is looking for an exceptionally skilled FX Artist to work on a team that is developing VFX for exciting projects!
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Apr 21, 2022
- Create a wide range of FX simulations including open body ocean, CFD fluid systems and splashes, rigid body dynamics and destruction, pyro explosions, smoke, and fire, cloth simulations, particle systems, procedural effects, and more.
- Ability to create custom setups, templates, and OTLs/HDAs, as well as work off of pre-built existing workflows.
- Work within the show structure and production deadlines to complete all tasks and meet client notes.
- Light and shade scenes to properly integrate into plates and create slap comps of work.
- Knowledge of Maya, Nuke, and other visual effects creation software helpful.
Traits of a successful FuseFX FX Artist:
- Excellent Houdini FX and lighting/shading skills.
- Thorough understanding of simulation techniques and technologies relating to fx.
- Must have 3 - 5 years of experience in simulated fx creation.
- Python and VEX programming skills strongly desired.
- Previous film, commercial, and/or episodic/streaming television experience is preferred.
- Highly communicative self-starter who takes initiative to improve their workflows and final look, while contributing to a collaborative team culture and positive environment.
- Works well within a team as well as independently
- Able to effectively manage time and resources to create high quality effects in a fast-paced production environment while working within time and budgetary constraints.
- Must be able to perform under tight deadlines and iterate on versions and techniques quickly.
- Must work well in an environment of peers who are passionate about making great pictures.