Interning with FX Original Programming provides you the opportunity to gain exposure and contribute to three areas of television – Development, Current Series and Documentary
Greater Los Angeles Area
Aug 10, 2022
Sep 12, 2022
Dec 16, 2022
A Day in the Life…
You will primarily be responsible for completing tasks for the Development and Current Programming groups. This includes familiarizing yourself with our shows, writing coverage, entering information into grids, updating development reports, and doing research projects. In addition, you will be handling some basic administrative duties. You will also be expected to read the trades and ask questions; you will be encouraged to pursue things that intrigue you.
We endeavor to give you as much exposure to the creative process, real-world scenarios and skill sets as we can so that you not only learn about FX Original Series but walk away with the skills and experience necessary to help launch a potential career in TV.
What we are looking for…
- Strong written and verbal skills and an ability to analyze story
- Interest in reading - strong research skills
- Demonstrated understanding of competitive TV landscape
- Strong interest in learning Cable TV
- Familiarity with industry talent (writers, directors, actors, etc.)
- Analytical skills for developing projects and giving notes as well as identifying talent (writers, directors, actors)
- Motivated, self-sufficient, with a can-do attitude
- Previous experience in a professional environment
- Passion for learning and eagerness to be a team player
- General knowledge of FX Networks programming
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last 6 months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- This internship is a hybrid internship. While working remote, the internship requires a working, reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated work space. You will be asked to come into our offices in Century City on days we are working in person.
- The approximate dates of this internship are September through December 2022.
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week Monday - Friday) for the duration of the internship.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.