CBS News is looking for experienced and talented candidates to push boundaries with stunning designs and sharp graphics.
The graphic artist will work closely with the creative director and senior design team, building and implementing graphics for all shows under the CBS News brand. The ideal applicant is a creative individual with a strong design foundation who can handle high pressure situations and tight deadlines. We are looking for solid team members who can work independently as well as within a group structure. Work includes show identity and graphics packages, augmented reality, interactive and explainer-style infographics.
- Work collaboratively with the creative director and art directors to implement designs for all of CBS News (daily shows, special events, election coverage, etc.)
- Design show branding and graphics packages using Vizrt, Cinema 4D and After Effects.
- Work on both short-turnaround and long-term projects as necessary.
- Assist with creating and sourcing models/scenes/images for the graphics department library.
- Liaise with the creative management team, editorial colleagues, designers, and technicians to maximize the department’s potential across all platforms.
- Respond and develop skills across programs and platforms in response to changing business and technical needs.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years motion graphic design; modeling/animating/rendering in 3D and 2D environments
- Knowledge of Photoshop, After Effects and Illustrator.
- Vizrt and/or Cinema 4D (or comparable 3D software) experience is a plus.
- Understanding of television control room workflow and operations
- Knowledge of broadcast video codecs and industry standard file formats.
- Demonstrate a high standard of editorial awareness
- Demonstrate an understanding of visual language and graphic design.
Artists must have the flexibility to work all shifts, with possible overtime, including overnights, weekends and holidays.
Applications should include a resume and reel.