Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena: We're looking for an experienced Graphic Designer to join Hawks Studios. Reporting into Sr. Graphic Designer, this individual will support the team in telling the story of our brands through visually impactful, culturally relevant, and cutting-edge design/photography.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Greater Atlanta Area
Sep 06, 2022
The Graphic Designer will support the brand creative team in seasonal look & feel, campaign creative production, social content, game day support, photography, photo manipulation, and trainee development.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic, organized, visual storyteller with a proven track record of pushing the limit when it comes to design innovation. This person must be able to build strong partnerships with cross-functional teams and foster creativity/positivity within Hawks Studios. We’re looking for a go-getter with an unwavering can-do attitude.
This role is highly collaborative, and the successful candidate will be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a consistent structure and atmosphere of creativity.
What you will do: (Responsibilities)
- Serve as a brand creative designer on major marketing campaigns, community initiatives, game night support, and more.
- Lead brand creative photography needs (game day & community).
- Build and maintain key relationships with stakeholders
- Supports studio operations team on prioritization and project planning
- Support VP, Brand Creative on one-off projects
- Support Sr. Graphic Designers on campaign ideation and research
- Help lead and support the in-house team in the development, execution, and production
- Provide design strategy for omnichannel campaigns, grass-root activations, experiential events, logos, print collateral, mobile app, and direct mail.
- Ensure the studio is delivering best-in-class output, functioning efficiently, and instilling a culture of collaboration.
What we need from you:
- Advanced software skills required: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro, Bridge)
- Additional Software skills required: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, One Drive, Teams, and Outlook), Keynote, Slack
- Primary skill set: Graphic Design, Photography, and Photo Manipulation
- Secondary skill set: Motion Graphics or Illustration
- Knowledge in designing static and animated ads for web, social, email, and display
- Knowledge of CMYK Printing Processes & large format production
- Ability to work on game nights, off hours, and on weekends whenever needed
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Ability to understand business objectives and goals and prioritize tasks to meet said goals
- Ability to thrive as part of a team and be an effective team player.
- Ability to stay flexible, positive, resourceful, and reliable. Always do what’s right, not what’s easy or comfortable.
- Ability to innovate strategically, with an eye for detail.
- Ability to adhere to a strict NDA regarding top-level business and basketball operations projects
- Ability to carry 15lbs of equipment
- Ability to problem solve without much guidance/resources.
- Must be able to express individual creative abilities while incorporating creative direction from design leads
- Must be motivated, and a self-starter ready to “push the envelope” when it comes to creative design concepts
Education and Experience:
- 4+ years of graphic design experience
- 1+ years of photography experience (sports photography preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree and/or certificate in Graphic Design, Photography, Motion Design
- Prior experience working in a creative environment, advertising/marketing firm, or related, with knowledge and enthusiasm for professional sports and live entertainment
- Experience across channels: digital, advertising, marketing, social, print