Oklahoma City Thunder: You must excel at coming up big ideas and bring them to life with engaging visuals and thought-provoking copy.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Area
Oct 04, 2023
The Traits - We are looking for a creative professional to join our Brand Influence & Identity team. You must excel at coming up big ideas and bring them to life with engaging visuals and thought-provoking copy. As a graphic designer, you are the piece that makes the creative machine work. You take thoughts and turn them into something tangible. You solve problems and think proactively. Always chasing the challenge.
The Team - The Brand Expression team defines, maintains, and expands the Thunder brand. As a creative partner to the various departments within the Thunder organization, we supply creative solutions, language, and design support for a wide variety of campaigns, using central brands and visual themes that help the Oklahoma City Thunder and Oklahoma City Blue basketball teams connect with our fans locally and around the globe.
The Role - As a team designer, you will be responsible for layout, design and production on multiple projects, applying your individual talent and collaborating with other designers and editors to craft phenomenal end results that may be seen across the nation and the globe. This job has variety and you will work with other fun and hardworking designers as we tell the story of our brand.
In this role you will:
- Design and production on team-related projects in the print and digital space including ads, sales collateral, animation, posters, digital graphics, invitations, campaigns, packaging, large format, etc.
- Communicate with outside print vendors, relaying specifications, requests for pricing, submitting press-ready files for digital and offset print jobs
- Work with vendors to manage print budgets, production timelines, delivery and installation
- Ensure consistent brand asset use and help maintain established graphic standards
- Work with the Head of Brand Identity and Group Lead, Brand Operations to prioritize projects and create timely results
- Stay connected with new design trends, techniques and technology
- Clearly communicate concepts and pitch big ideas
- Edit and update design files to reflect current campaigns from one season to the next
What you'll bring to the role:
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work or military experience, with areas of focus in graphic design, fine art and photography
- Keen understanding of design systems and brand development
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Motion graphic, photography, or copy writing experience is a plus
- Experience with various methods of printing, finishing and specialty work
- Capable of working on multiple design projects in tandem, using strong organization skills
- Detail oriented, with the ability to produce quality work while meeting deadlines
- A standout colleague with interpersonal skills to stay positive and work professionally in a dynamic environment with changing timelines
- Excellent communication and listening skills