The LA Kings are seeking a best-in-class graphic designer to join their creative team. The goal of the Creative team is to aspire to deliver the most unique and engaging content/entertainment experience in sports.
The ideal candidate is a visionary designer and story-teller who will develop innovative and unique creative across all visual mediums.
The Graphic Designer brings their excitement and proven ability to ideate, develop and deliver innovative concepts in line with brand guidelines while pushing to explore new creative methods to elevate the overall LA Kings brand. They should have demonstrated understanding of digital design best practices, layout, and typography. The position requires a person to be highly attentive to details, organized, and comfortable working under a deadline and fast paced Sports/Entertainment environment.
- Create visual assets by designing art and copy layouts for the LA Kings various departments.
- Formulate design concepts, presentations, templates, layouts, merchandise, memes, and GIFs from initial idea to final execution.
- Assist with strategizing and developing methods to increase fan engagement and brand awareness in all digital platforms.
- Prioritize and filter workload coming from all departments through a design request form system.
- Manage relationships with vendors and outside creative sources to order materials, premium items, or other services.
- Assist with the ideation and development of motion graphics to be used for marketing and social campaigns and in-game assets.
- Support LA Kings digital, social, and production departments as project coordinator for LAKings.com and @LAKings assets.
- Assist in executing marketing campaigns and sales promotions to reach and retain fans through visual assets, video, and interactive experiences.
- Package content and publish to LAKings.com in a timely, relevant, and engaging manner and distribute on social media as necessary.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The Graphic Designer must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skill and abilities:
- Working knowledge of print technology, production, and ability to meet tight timelines
- Proficient at Adobe CC; including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat
- Excellent layout, color theory, and typography skills
- Email marketing and HTML experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail and a pulse on current and trendy design styles
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and turn projects around quickly
- Experience with Adobe After effects
- Understanding and experience developing motion graphics
- Dreamweaver and Flash experience preferred
- BA/BS Degree (4-year) in Graphic Design, Entertainment, or related field
- A minimum of 2-4 years of related work experience
Pay Scale: $53,473-$77,981