This position will work closely with a team of strategists, producers and editors, creating graphical assets for a wide variety of video content for distribution across all React Media owned and operated channels, including our YouTube, Facebook, and Snapchat channels with a combined subscriber base of 44 million.
Greater Los Angeles Area
A key responsibility will be the creation of highly engaging original thumbnails for YouTube and other social video platforms that drive high click-through rates. This role will support teams by integrating strategy and insights into creating web-based thumbnails for video content across various digital platforms, supporting in social media or marketing collateral, and other special projects as needed.
The right candidate will bring experience and passion for both design and video production, with expertise in social and digital aesthetics appealing to Gen Z and Millennial audiences. You must have a working understanding of content and design layout, typography and color theory, and can take notes from a design request to create a complete layout, while working proficiently in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator as needed to deliver final files ready for publishing.
We are looking for a Graphic Designer that is able to operate independently as needed, taking strategy conversations with the programming and strategy team, creative direction from the producing team, data and synthesizing the information to create pieces that tell engaging, dynamic stories—and help further create engagement for all of React Media’s content. It is critical that you are adept in fast-paced-high volume environments, detail oriented, organized, and love to learn.
This position reports to the Director of Content Strategy and Programming.
The role is currently remote but must be able to commute to our Burbank studio once it is safe to do so.
- Bring strategy to life in a variety of contexts (thumbnails, tiles, digital media assets), ensuring designs that create engagement.
- Continues cultivation and maintenance of brand (Style guide updates/evolution, ensuring brand integrity across pieces)
- Frequently executes design work from scratch or templates
- Prepares files for digital publishing or web production
- Manipulate, retouch, color correct, adjust lighting, and create clipping paths for images
- Designs and/or creates artwork for long and short form content (thumbnails, digital marketing materials, social media)
- Creates illustrations, iconography, and custom typography as needed
- Interacts with cross-functional team members during informational meetings or the presentation of creative ideas
- Contributes to brainstorming or strategic based creative conversations
- Advises best practices and department innovations to help improve workflow/efficiency/processes
- Engages in collaborative reviews, and implement notes from strategists, producers and executives
- Maintains several ongoing projects at once while effectively managing time and responsibilities
- Oversees Graphics projects while maintaining consistency in work
- Researches and develops new methods of work that help increase quality and efficiency
- Designs and creates all video thumbnails and other digital marketing material for videos
- Bachelor’s in Fine Arts, Graphic Design or relevant work experience
- 2+ years of Graphic Design experience, specifically in high clickthrough thumbnails
- Proficient in Adobe CC (especially Indesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop), well-versed in graphic design skills from vector-based design to photo manipulation and retouching. Adobe CC, Microsoft Office, Google Sheets, Mac proficiency a must
- Knowledgeable and up-to-date with the latest digital workflows and trends
- Has a strong grasp of the digital media/creator space and has expertise in online media and YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat, TikTok style content, with a keen sense for design within this type of media
- Experienced in working in a fast paced, professional, post production or graphic design environment (internships included)
- Able to navigate projects which require taking initiative and working independently as well as others that will be more focused on collaboration and receiving art direction
- Experienced in translating research and data into engaging, visual, dynamic stories
- Ability to translate existing designs in a variety of media
- Mastery of typography, color, layout, and hierarchy
- Great attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and well organized
- Receptive to feedback and adapts to ongoing changes
- Has the the ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines
- Is able to work both collaboratively and independently
- Experience with After Effects and motion graphics is a plus
- Must provide professional portfolio with examples of graphic work