We have an exciting opportunity within our Live Broadcasting department for a Graphics & Playout Operators at our Media & Commerce Centre based at Chiswick Park, West London.
Live Event / On Location Services
London, United Kingdom
Jun 21, 2022
Within this role, you'll play a key part in our Production team. Primarily working on live studio shows & pre-records, as well as show preparation in-between.
You will be responsible for all Graphics which go to air, operating our graphics system (Viz) and our bespoke live playback system (JAMM) that provides editorial content for our live shows. You will need to be a clear and confident communicator, able to adapt quickly to on-air changes & remain calm under pressure. Your aim will be to enhance & enrich the customer experience by ensuring relevant graphics & assets are displayed correctly & at the right time.
Duties for this role fall into two key areas.
Live/Non-Live Gallery Operations
- You will spend much of your time in the studio gallery, being accountable for product graphics being correct as well as any other supporting graphics which go to air.
- Ensure all video & still assets are offered at the correct time & to use your initiative to follow the show structure by pre-emptively cueing these up.
- To help lead a Director throughout a show, reminding them of breaks, product teases and reminders. To be constantly aware of the running order, noting any amendments made by the Producer & ensure these are relayed to the Director at the appropriate time.
- Outside the gallery, your duties will be to check and prepare all product graphics ahead of shows.
- To liaise with your Director & Producer to organise all assets ready for live broadcast, rehearsals, and recordings.
- To ensure your Production Directors have all the relevant show, product and recording information for the shift.
- The ability to acquire technical skills and understand bespoke applications quickly (essential)
- Viz & Photoshop experience (desirable)
- Computer literate and thoroughly confident with Windows operating systems (essential)
- A broadcast background or degree in media (desirable)
- Experience of live TV graphics operations (desirable)
- A keen interest in broadcasting, studio-based production or broadcast graphics.
- Enthusiastic, inquisitive and be comfortable working in a fast paced, live broadcast environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional time-management.
- Ability to problem solve effectively under pressure.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Confident and resourceful.