Halon is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Animation Supervisor to supervise high profile Animation projects.
Jun 24, 2022
In this role, you will work in collaboration directly with the client to tell engaging stories through real time animation. You will oversee the daily activities of the team while meeting deadline driven creative demands of the project. This is a remote-work opportunity.
- Collaborate with the Cinematics Director, CG and Technical Supervisors and/or other creative leads on the project.
- Supervise a team of six or more Animators (some Senior, some Junior) to achieve expressive feature-level character animation.
- Work closely with Production Managers to schedule production milestones and define departmental tasks within established parameters.
- Define and interpret specific direction from the client with the ability to workshop ideas in a collaborative manner in a client setting. Ability to pivot creatively is a must.
- Help develop talent and foster professional growth among the Animator Department
- During review sessions, discuss changes with the client and offer creative input and technical solutions to enhance continuity and consistency of cinematic sequences.
- 2 - 3 years of experience as an Animation Supervisor prefered
- 5 - 10 years of experience as an Animation Lead required
- Excellent knowledge of performance and animation principles
- Comfortable starting with either motion capture or keyframing from a blank slate
- Solid knowledge of Maya is essential
- Knowledge and experience in real-time rendering and content creation with Unreal Engine
- Proven track record of leadership on previous projects
- Strong creative and technical skills in 3D animation
- 3D Generalist skills: Should have a well-rounded skill set with experience in lighting, modeling, and animation
- Technical knowledge of various software including Maya, After Effects, Nuke, Unreal Engine, etc.
- Solid camera animation work skills required