We are looking for a talented Technical Animator to lead a team of technical animators and riggers on the Fortnite game trailer project.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Jul 14, 2022
To help ensure a smooth transition of animation and other files from and to the unreal engine and other DDCs and provide for general technical support for the Fortnite team.
- Accountable for the technology in the group. Can review any code.
- Takes a major role in the decision making of new projects technologies
- Influences the studio to achieve goals.
- Provides direction and supervision for a team.
- Establishes tool priorities for the project.
- Designs and implements key technologies and workflows.
- Creates designs that are extensible across projects.
- Sets standards and enforces their adoption.
- Works on prototyping workflow for a team. Responsible for documenting the workflow for artists.
- Works with other teams at Halon to ensure your efforts are in sync.
- Get up to speed on the tools that are related to Technical Animation at Halon and share the knowledge in a meaningful way.
- Ensure end-user documentation is created and maintained.
- Contributes with best practices for the team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 7+ years of industry experience.
- Expert understanding of python.
- Familiarity with UE4 BP or C++.
- Understanding of animation workflows within Unreal Engine
- Understanding of animation and rigging within Maya.
- Diagnoses, designs and solves problems with the workflow of a team.
- Create code design using software engineering principles.
- Knowledge of multiple animation domains.
- Design within performatic constraints.
- SCRUM/Agile experience is a bonus.
- Ability to deliver superior service and build lasting relationships by demonstrating NEP’s Core Values: innovative, one team, passion and integrity.