Halon Entertainment is looking for talented and enthusiastic Pipeline Technical Directors for exciting, high profile video game projects.
If you are interested in joining the team, we are looking for applicants that have thorough knowledge of filmmaking, Maya, Motion Builder, Unreal Engine, and of course, storytelling. This is a remote-work opportunity.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with Supervisors and the creative team
- Work on software and tools of a high degree of complexity, requiring thorough understanding of the overall pipeline.
- Familiarity with version control systems: Git, SVN, P4
- Integrate off the shelf and custom applications into an efficient production pipeline
- Develop new programmatic solutions to visual effects processes
- Create technical and end user documentation for assets, tools, techniques and workflows
- Providing user support, procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of studio software and systems, keep up to date with evolving industry standards.
- Educate and involve crew in pipeline tool use
- Support artists during shot production
- Work closely with Artists to troubleshoot and fix problems arising in the course of production
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years industry experience in Technical Director role
- Maya, Unreal Engine and Nuke
- Experience with Monitoring & logging tools.
- Experience Shotgun and Shotgun API
- Experience scripting in Python, PyQt, C/C++
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine is a must
- Working knowledge of programs and their APIs: Nuke, Maya, Houdini, Shotgrid
- Able to multitask and manage time efficiently
- Able to take direction, collaborate and be a team player
- Good problem solving skills is a must.
- Experience in designing and creating systems, tools and assets for projects
- Extensive production and technical knowledge
- Outcome driven and highly efficient
- Ability to operate autonomously as well as part of a team
- Detailed understanding of the production process and equipment