Halon Entertainment is seeking an experienced Senior Unreal FX Artist with the skills to create spectacular real-time FX.
Jun 30, 2022
The ideal candidate has experience working within the constraints of real-time engines, shows attention to detail, and can take both artistic and technical direction to achieve the most appropriate solution. A level of technical knowledge combined with strong creative and visual instincts is critical for this position. This is a remote-work opportunity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work directly in engine to create and optimize stunning FX
- Collaborate with the team to create high quality effects like fire, smoke, explosions, fluid simulations, etc.
- Create libraries of Niagara particle effects
- Consider lighting and other integration techniques to the overall scene design
- Use Unreal Engine as well as proprietary tools to create FX assets.
- Assists in R&D efforts for tools enhancements and prototyping of new technology.
- Provide department and production leads with responsible estimates for FX tasks and identify any risks to the effort
- Contribute to the design and streamlining of FX tools and development processes
- 5+ years experience working with in-engine effects, preferably with Niagara
- Proficiency with 3D graphics, particle systems, physics and shaders
- Understanding of VFX asset costs and impact on performance
- Solid grasp of the principals of animation and lighting
- Good understanding of real-time physics and fluid simulations
- Optimize content through profiling and enhancing performance with the help of diagnostic tools
- Experience with Houdini a plus
- Good mathematical skills to solve mathematical problems that arise when working in-engine
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, iterative development environment
- Knowledge of virtual production integration for film and television a plus