The Hard Cam Operator is responsible for the building, operation and general maintenance of studio hard cameras. This operator must provide creative, fluid movement of the camera on multi-camera productions for News, Sports and Entertainment (Studio) shows.
Miami/Fort Lauderdale Area
Mar 17, 2022
- Create smooth fluid movements of the camera to enhance the production value of each program. Must be able to pan and tilt camera as well as truck the camera through spaces.
- Setup, balance, troubleshoot, and maintain camera and associated equipment.
- Operator controls zoom and focus of lens. Good sense of visual composition.
- Take direction well and work as a team player.
- Operate in a safe and controlled manner to minimize injury to self or others as well as any damage to equipment or property.
- Bachelor’s Degree in television production or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of experience in control room broadcast facility
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Windows operating systems
- Experience with Vinten studio pedestals that include balancing, builds and maintenance
- Experience with studio config cameras, box lenses and peripherals that include building, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Physical ability to truck full size camera pedestal in studio as well as on location shoots
- Perform well under pressure and breaking news situations
- Physical ability to lift camera equipment, lenses and counterweights
- Agility to move at a rapid pace as production needs may require
- Ability to follow a rundown
- Provide creative input, e.g., assists the Director/Producer in creating the look of a show, including set design; suggests alternate shots; etc.
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) preferred
- As this position supports 24x7 operation, candidate must, in addition to being able to work regular hours, have on-call availability, and flexibility to work days, nights, overnights, weekends, and holidays as needed and without advance notice. Additionally, candidate may be required to work on site for extended periods of time to provide coverage in special circumstances, such as, during tropical storm/hurricane.
- Univision requires that all U.S. and Puerto Rico employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to submit proof of vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will reasonably accommodate a qualified candidate, who may be unable to be vaccinated, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Day, Evening, Overnight