We are searching for a Head of Storyboarding to join our Vancouver studio team on one of our exciting 3D productions.
Vancouver, BC, Canada
May 25, 2022
Experienced in leading and motivating a talented group of creative artists and looking for a new role to lend your skill set to? At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!
We are searching for a Head of Storyboarding to join our Vancouver studio team on one of our exciting 3D productions. The Head of Storyboarding will provide creative leadership, vision and artistic direction throughout the production. The role will be be responsible for directing all creative teams to ensure that the crew are working collaboratively to achieve the goals and quality benchmarks of the project.
What you will be doing:
- Oversee and supervise all artists during the entire production from start to finish, providing ideas, making decisions and offering viable solutions to creative issues
- Exercise superior leadership, collaborative and communication skills to ensure that departmental tasks are assigned, understood and completed as per instructed
- Lead all storyboard launches, ensuring that story artists understand the storytelling style of the production and the overall creative vision
- Review and comment on all storyboards and animatics prior to distribution to executive producers and stakeholders
- Cultivate and maintain a creative and successful working relationship with executive producers and stakeholders
- Work with the production team to ensure that deadlines are met
- Mentor and offer support to less experienced artists, providing them with guidance and instruction
- May be required to travel to designated locations, locally and abroad per the needs of the production
What you bring with you:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role or capacity; preference for those who have previously Directed an animated TV series or feature film
- Strong storyboarding skills
- Proven success in managing creative teams
- Strong working knowledge of the animation process from script to screen
Why work at Bardel?
We've got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, industry leading benefits, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world, and have the opportunity to grow in your career.
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.