Paris Las Vegas: Responsible for storing and retrieving costumes for performers, as well as helping performers put on costumes and setting up quick changes. Supervising the day and night wardrobe crews.
Live Event / On Location Services
Wardrober / Stylist
Las Vegas, Nevada Area
Oct 26, 2022
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
Responsible for storing and retrieving costumes for performers, as well as helping performers put on costumes and setting up quick changes. Position requires lifting costumes that vary in weight and hanging on racks, using hands to zip and snap costumes on performers, and carrying/arranging costumes in quick change area. Must work backstage, which requires walking up and down stairways to reach various stage areas. Supervising the day and night wardrobe crews.
1. Responsible for all show cues and costume routing.
2. Preparing all costumes and accessories for performers - hanging in appropriate locations or placing in quick change areas as needed.
3. Helping performers with changes - using hands, fingers to zip and snap costumes for performers placing heavy headdresses on performers and securing - requires lifting (at times very heavy costumes), carrying, reaching.
4. Making minor repairs while dressing performers-includes using scissors and needle and thread make quick, temporary repairs.
5. Replacing costumes in appropriate storage after use lifting, carrying, hanging, turning.
6. Must be able to work well with others - good communications skills - and work rapidly.
- Five years professional work in theatrical production and/or live performance venues.
- Must possess excellent skills in basic machine sewing, hand sewing, repairing, and maintaining feathers, costumes, shoes, and wigs.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- This is not an entry-level position
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the Theater.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and carry 40 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, kneel, twist, and grip items when necessary.
- Must be able to climb stairs and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work in a fast pace and in stressful situations.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.