The Highlight Editor will work under the direction of Feature Editors and in collaboration with Producers to perform all tasks needed to finish pieces based on editorial goals, timelines, appeal to fans and to serve advertisers while engaging existing and new viewers.
Greater Chicago Area
Apr 01, 2022
Stadium is the original multi-platform sports network featuring exclusive live and on-demand games and events, extensive highlights, classic games, original programming, and daily live studio programming. Stadium includes a 24/7 linear feed distributed across both digital and broadcast platforms, as well as a comprehensive array of on-demand (VOD) digital content including additional live games and events.
Key Job Responsibilities Include:
- Competence in AVID & Premiere video editing softwares.
- Create professional quality sports highlights for video programs for digital distribution.
- Encode, compress and export in digital formats.
- Organize and maintain video storage and management systems and archives.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree related to Digital Media, Journalism and/or equivalent work experience
- Previous video editing experience in Sports a plus!
- Knowledge and comfort on AVID video editing software.
- Extracting video from a variety of sources including video captured digitally on cameras and other devices
- Encoding and compression techniques.
- Knowledge of multiple professional sports is a plus!
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Driven by challenges and committed to seeing projects and tasks through to completion on time.
- Self-motivated, yet a team player with a desire to work collaboratively as part of a Production Team.
- Strong ability to multitask.
- Hard working, willing to work varied and sometimes long hours and weekends.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Employee is regularly required to stand or sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds of camera equipment
- Must be able to perform physical duties consistent with setting up a production studio such as bending, stooping and kneeling
- Ability to work in an office environment with moderate noise
- Ability to perform computer work for an extended period of time
- May be requested to work non-business hours and weekends for special job-related events