HuffPost is looking for a creative producer with experience in digital video workflows.
Greater New York City Area
Jul 13, 2022
You will report to the Manager Editor, Video.
This role's typical shifts take place during U.S. Eastern Time, Monday to Friday, and may occasionally involve evening or weekend work to cover large news events outside of those hours.
This position is in the WGA-E bargaining unit.
- Script several short-form videos for HuffPost's website and social media pages on a daily basis, working with video editors to maintain a high standard of output while ensuring a fast turnaround.
- Pitch and produce longer pieces that feature original interviews that give extra context and analysis to the stories of the day. This could also involve producing interviews in-studio and in the field.
- Part of what makes BuzzFeed, Inc. a pioneer in digital media is our commitment to exploring new ventures that lead to spreading truth and joy. As such, you may be asked to share your knowledge with your colleagues through presentations or trainings, to screen and interview job candidates, or to take part in recruitment or networking events on behalf of the company and be part of a union.
- 1+ years production experience in a news
- The ability to pitch story ideas following HuffPost's voice and mission
- Familiarity with different video formats and social platforms
- The ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced news environment
- Writing skills paired with experience with visual storytelling
- The ability to distill complicated stories into short scripts
- Knowledge of news, politics and current affairs — and the world of culture and entertainment
- Experience using DSLR cameras to film interviews in studio and the field
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere / After Effects / Photoshop
- A showreel of previous work (viewable by web links)