KING 5 Local Programming is looking for a creative, focused, hyper-responsible intern to join our New Day Northwest production team.
Interns at New Day Northwest play an integral part of the production crew during the live-to-tape broadcast and contribute to digital content production every day. It’s an immersive role where you’ll learn about the TV industry, studio production, segment producing, copywriting, digital publishing, and more.
Required Hours: 8 AM – 12 PM Monday – Thursday.
Internship runs May - July 2022 (approximately).
- Copywriting – You’ll write short form web articles for each segment every day, and long form web articles for segments 1-2 times a week
- Production – Guest greeting and orientation, segment preparation, production assistance
- Digital Publishing – Clipping and publishing segment video daily
- You don’t have to be an extrovert, but you can’t be afraid to speak up, raise the red flag, or give direction clearly and succinctly to guests
- Demonstrated writing skills. You’ll have to translate segment content into compelling headlines, abstracts, and web copy every day. Must understand rules of grammar and how to organize story content
- Flexibility. You’ll have to be ready to go with the flow or pivot on a dime
- Ability to problem-solve, analyze potential solutions, and use sound judgment to make decisions
- Strong project coordination, organizational, and time-management skills
- Must be able to perform in high-stress, deadline driven environment
- Basic mobile photography skills. You’ll need to take on-set photos to supplement segment content on web and social
- Must be a detail oriented, motivated self-starter
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.