FX Networks is seeking a Junior Editor who will be tasked with assisting current staff editors with preparation and execution of editorial projects, maintaining editorial workspaces, assembling episodes from dailies and building rough cuts of promotional materials.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Oct 06, 2021
- Working independently or in collaboration, responsibilities include ingesting, script review, brainstorming, string outs, editing, graphics assembly, color correction, music research, sound design, sweetening, and onlining.
- Deliver promotional materials that are: creative, engaging, effective, and on-brand.
- Projects include all forms of marketing materials, including episodic promotions; program launch promotions; acquired & original movie promotion; network marketing & ad sales projects; design editing and compositing; music and sound design editing; color correction and finishing.
- Supports senior editorial staff with keep file maintenance, workspace maintenance, logging footage, assembly of episodes and assembling rough cuts of promotional materials.
- Responsible for maintaining a strong working relationship with motion graphics & design staff, operations & scheduling personnel, and fellow editorial staff within FX Networks.
- Accountable for sound project management, including the archiving of footage, string outs, spots, campaigns and related elements.
- College graduate preferred. Minimum of 2 years’ experience in marketing post-production editorial and/or commercial editing utilizing Avid and Symphony edit systems.
- Exceptional technical skills and understanding of the procedures, processes and editorial protocols.
- Must be savvy in Avid Symphony and related systems, effects plug-ins, digital media routing and storage, audio boards and mixing, decks, scopes, monitors and related editorial equipment.
- Basic understanding of network television promotions and procedures.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, negotiation, and presentation skills, as well as good interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, leadership skills, and strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Explorer are needed.
- Must be proficient in applicable software applications (Sapphire effects, EDL Manager, Adobe Photoshop, etc.).
- Excellent organizational skills, working with deadlines and attention to detail are required.