We are looking for a Junior Graphic Designer with an emphasis on social to collaborate across departments to produce B2B and B2C creative to help support digital and franchise initiatives.
This is an exciting opportunity to help shape popular culture and work with groundbreaking entertainment brands behind some of the most celebrated and acclaimed original content in television and film history— from pantheon-level TV series Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and Better Call Saul to Academy Award-winning independent dramas like Boyhood, to the biggest thing on cable for over ten years, The Walking Dead.
The Junior Graphic Designer will help to conceptualize, design and implement a range of compelling omni-channel brand touchpoints: graphics and content inclusive of digital, gifs, video, print and more with an eye towards shareability and buzz across social platforms.
The ideal candidate will work collaboratively and consultatively, employing best design practices for each assignment. He/She/They should have a strong foundation in graphic design and typography, while staying up-to-date with evolving technologies. They will be responsible for brainstorming creative concepts within a strategic direction with the project team, developing original design concepts, executing designs based on established style guides. Additionally, they will act as a brand ambassador, working with both internal teams and outside stakeholders through high-level designs that elevate AMCN’s Content Room offerings.
- Participate in creating a content development strategy
- Develop and design layouts for sales collateral including PowerPoint pitch decks, digital ads, promotional materials (print + digital), as well as branded collateral for client presentations and events.
- Create layouts and graphics for B2B website and other social sites such as Facebook, Instagram, TikTok. Experience working with in-app content creation.
- Create visual aspects of marketing materials, websites and other media, including infographics
- Put together elements of a design created by another professional, such as the icons, photographs and other components necessary for a webpage design
- Retouch, resize and enhance images as needed using Photoshop or other photography software.
- Manage design revisions and approval of artwork with an eye to detail. Push projects forward with minimal oversight—being able to work both collaboratively and autonomously as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS (Required & Preferred)
- A passion for all aspects of design including conceptual thinking, typography, motion, copy and imagery, as well as social media platforms.
- 1-2 years experience in visual design —preferably in agency environment or in-house in entertainment/media.
- Experience designing new, innovative layouts and designs that scale and flex across different platforms, including print, web, mobile
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite on Mac (with particular focus on InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop). Experience in motion design and AfterEffects is a plus.
- A great, can-do attitude and no ego.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.