This position plays a key role in supporting the Communications team for BET Consumer Publicity and Events efforts.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Greater New York City Area
Jun 24, 2022
Responsibilities are varied, extensive and timely:
- Media monitoring/clippings, distribution of periodic clip reports, reporting/metrics and distribution; event research and editorial calendar development.
- Coordinate and maintain press website and all network and series assets.
- Maintain, update, and lead the department’s media contact lists.
- Maintain departmental files including broadcast and editorial calendars, assignment/project calendar, series promos/social assets and series press quotes.
- Distribution of press releases over the wire and uploading to the BET Press Room.
- Management and processing of all vendor invoices.
- Assist events production team as needed.
- Development of key materials including but not limited to Press Releases, Internal Memos, visually compelling PowerPoint presentations and meeting agendas.
- Providing key-onsite support at all BET tentpole evets, handling press logistics for the team including leading production logistics, signage; recruiting and handling press escorts; co-management of media and staff credentials; coordination and distribution of show assets for promotional use; facilitating red carpet press interviews; leading/coordinating press room; uploading show assets to press site in real time and pulling award show clips for wide distribution immediately following show taping.
- Serving as back up administrative support for the Chief Communications & Social Impact Officer. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Periodic coverage of the Chief Communications & Social Impact Officer phones and calendar, including when Executive Assistant is out of the office.
- Onsite or offsite assistance on events, large meetings, etc.
- Handle confidential and proprietary information with discretion.
- Order and coordinate office supplies.
- 1+ years of professional work experience, preferably in PR, Communications, Marketing in-house or agency; television, entertainment or streaming.
- Motivated self-starter skilled in multitasking, communication, time management and strong organizational skills with acute attention to detail.
- Great Teammate, personable, social, enthusiastic, reliable, proactive, humble, diligent and resourceful.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Strong initiative and solid ability to establish relationships both internally and externally.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Muck Rack, Cision and Critical Mention; Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint; Mailchimp; Google Suite experience a plus.
- Media relations experience as well as experience crafting and writing press releases.
- Interest and understanding of the media and entertainment business and industry, as well as the Black consumer and content landscape.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines across multiple projects.
- Able to learn and adapt quickly to new and challenging situations, plus ability to receive, retain and apply key takeaways.