The Mill LA is currently looking for a talented, technical, and creative Junior Motion Designer to join our Design lead creative team in Los Angeles
Greater Los Angeles Area
Apr 26, 2022
We are looking for a versatile designer with a passion for creating great work.
- Have a working understanding and proven knowledge of Cinema4D, After Effects and Adobe CC. An interest in Houdini and other software is a plus.
- A balanced and diverse portfolio of work that demonstrates different techniques of motion design and animation. Show an understanding of different rendering techniques and be technically proficient across different skills within motion design.
- Show an artistic and innovative eye, you must understand design principles as well as motion design. Be sensitive to design theory, layout, graphic design and show visual skills beyond keyframes and technical knowledge.
- Work well under pressure, with others and show interest in improving your skill set beyond what you already know.
- Report to the design directors, creative directors, and senior members of the team to execute briefs collaboratively, successfully and on schedule.
- Introvert or extrovert, you must work well with others, be curious, take direction and aim to improve and build on your skills constantly.
- Show conceptual thinking, ideas, and the desire to be part of the creative process.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite - InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Bridge. Proficient in AfterEffects and C4D.
- Detail Oriented, proactive & organized.
- Communicates well with others, remains calm under pressure.
- Previous Design Studio experience preferred.
- Help provide artistic direction to generate inspirational, conceptual and creative ideas with the rest of the design team.
- Work with the CD and fellow designers to conceptualize based on design briefs, execute the work, be it illustration, 2D or 3D design.
- Create, design, and animate where necessary, in collaboration with others or individually to suit the task at hand.
- Be involved throughout the project, ensuring a reliable contact with clients and the team to deliver results that meets and exceeds expectations.
- Present concepts and design ideas to the Mill team, listening to feedback and making recommendations where appropriate.