The Jr. Publicist will support strategic publicity campaigns across MSNBC Dayside programming and Digital content as well as assist and work collaboratively with the MSNBC communications team to manage administrative tasks for the department.
The Jr. Publicist will support strategic publicity campaigns across MSNBC Dayside programming and Digital content as well as assist and work collaboratively with the MSNBC communications team to manage administrative tasks for the department. The Jr. Publicist will report into the Director for MSNBC Media Relations.
The role requires extensive organizational skills, creative and innovative thinking, proven written skills and a strong interest in news, politics, media and public relations. The role will largely involve support for communications and publicity campaigns for MSNBC Dayside programming and talent and MSNBC Digital but will also involve administrative support tasks across the larger MSNBC communications team.
- Support the MSNBC PR Director across campaign strategies and pitches for MSNBC Dayside programming, MSNBC Digital content, newsgathering and talent.
- Monitor and promote newsmaking interviews, exclusives and special coverage for MSNBC Dayside and MSNBC Digital.
- Monitor and report daily media coverage of the “MSNBC Reports” and MSNBC Digital brand and show talent.
- Provide cross-team communication support for the overall PR team to align on priorities, schedules, announcements and events.
- Provide support with research projects, transcribing interviews and other assigned press projects.
- Develop and maintain press lists and key media relationships.
- Assist with facilitating and staffing various press events including interviews, press tours, or special coverage events.
- Manage internal approval process and logistical details for executive and talent speaking requests and engagements.
- Assist team in managing the MSNBC Media Relations‘ social media account, including monitoring and drafting tweets
- Note: This position will at times require non-traditional and late night or after-hours work.
- Must have minimum 3 years of work experience in public relations or communications role.
- Must have strong interest in news, politics and media.
- Must be available to work in New York.
- Willingness to travel and work overtime on short notice.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent organization and inter-personal skills.
- Should be able to work in fast-paced environment and meet crucial deadlines.
- Robust understanding of television news and media industry.
- Willingness to work beyond regular hours
- Ability to exercise a high level of discretion in handling talent, confidential and sensitive information.
This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of 3 days per week.
Salary range: $50,000-65,000