The Junior Publicist for MSNBC will assist the Vice President, Communications and Media Relations team. The role is a Wednesday to Sunday position to support the team with day-to-day activities managing publicity and communications for MSNBC's weekend programming.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Greater New York City Area
Feb 24, 2023
- Pitch show content and write press releases for weekend programming
- Act as point of contact between the executive and internal/external partners, press, and publicity team
- Day to day lead for media monitoring and daily clippings
- Assist team with coordinating various media requests to support MSNBC
- Assist team in managing the MSNBC Media Relations' social media account, including monitoring and drafting tweets
- Work and facilitate press events including press tours, award shows and special events
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with talent, producers, public relations agencies and representatives, agents, managers, production staff, media and programming executives in order to ensure maximum positive coverage for MSNBC programming
- Provide limited administrative duties for the VP, Communications, managing calendar, phones, contacts, travel and expenses
- Manage and update ongoing team lists, including press lists, requested trackers, messaging materials, team calendars and other office needs
- Manage multiple projects as assigned, including NBCU News Group related content and initiatives
- Note: This position will at times require late night and after-hours work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations or related field preferred.
- 2 years of experience working in either public affairs or public relations at a media company or PR agency
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Additional Job Requirements:
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in New York or Washington D.C.
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekdays with short notice
- Must be available for ''on call shifts'' 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
Desired Characteristics :
- Experience with media, news or TV network preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Proven experience and success communicating with media outlets
- Ability to prioritize work and multitask over a wide range of responsibilities
- Possess a high level of organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent administrative skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to exercise a high level of discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Salary range: $62,000-$70,000