The Mill: The Junior VFX Artist will work on many high-profile projects for global advertising agencies.
The Junior VFX Artist will work on many high-profile projects for global advertising agencies. As a result, they will have an in-depth understanding of how to realize the unique look and feel of a Mill commercial and an invaluable understanding and knowledge of the technology, bespoke applications, workflow, methodologies, and pipeline across three offices. Maintaining strong relationships with their peers in those locations, and a clear understanding of the high level of creative output required technically and creatively.
In this role the individual will have the confidence and ability to deal with clients, coordinating and guiding them through a group creative process, often with a great deal of diplomacy to achieve when working closely to the Senior Artist, often working side by side on projects. Although the individual is initially not expected to have their own client base, they are expected to build one by developing and working in tandem with young creative talent and on their own jobs. Overtime the individual will become invaluable as a source of work to the Mill through the relationships that they build with their clients, often to the point where a client will only want to work with
- Attending pre-production meetings
- Managing large and complex workloads to deliver by deadlines.
- Compiling clean ups of shots in addition to advising the production team by offering advice on technology and available processes for projects with lower budget requirements.
- Combining the technical and creative aspects of the role with an innate understanding of the industry and being able to apply those skills to the needs of the clients, often under extremely demanding deadlines.
- Building a strong client base by sourcing and developing relationships with young creative talent and clients on projects.
- Working closely with the Head of 2D and Senior Artists to research, develop and implement new technology, and creative ideas.
- Must be confident and ability to develop ideas, provide solutions to complex technical and creative issues.
- Communicate with clients independently as they are required to manage the job in the Senior’s absence and respond to external client queries.
- Coordinating information from other departments such as 3D and other office locations (London, LA, and NY) to collate and deliver to the relevant senior creatives in a suitable format.
- Research, develop, implement, and adapt new and current ideas and techniques.
- A degree in media or equivalent professional experience
- Expert knowledge in complex visual effects packages such as: Combustion, Flint, Nuke, and Flame to complete rotoscoping, matt painting, keying, and color correcting.
- Excellent people and project management skills, an innate awareness of client requirements and the ability to communicate creative ideas and co-ordinate and guide those clients through a creative process with a great deal of diplomacy to achieve a result which is satisfactory to all.
- Extensive and current knowledge of creative techniques and the ability to adapt them to fit the most visually complex of projects.
- Experience as a Support Artist.