The Mikros Crewing Team manages all artists across a portfolio of disciplines, including casting, career development, performance management and resource scheduling.
Aug 22, 2022
The main tasks from the crewing team are:
- Managing a portfolio of artists, and as needed, providing support to other team members
- Developing and maintaining current and future resource need models as required based on input from show project teams and other sources
- Communicating proactively with show project leaders and creative supervision regarding overall project requirements, crewing needs (start / end dates) and project milestones, anticipating and flagging challenges as required
- Maintaining overview of crew utilization using proprietary resource management system
- Facilitating continuous feedback cycle through project mid- and post-mortems, end-of-show and annual performance review processes; give timely, actionable and constructive feedback as needed to help artists grow and improve to meet specific objectives or long-term career goals
- Working with Recruitment team and Workforce Planning team to define and meet current and future talent acquisition goals
- Collaborating with Human Resources function to establish and maintain competitive employee engagement strategy (compensation, terms of employment)
- Representing and nourishing studio culture through thoughtful, transparent and focused leadership.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Manage the crewing team composed of crew managers and crew coordinators.
- Closely work with TD manager and Production crew manager and make sure they follow the same process to manage the careers path of their teams.
- Manages the workload balance among the team
- Make sure the rollovers are optimized following retention criteria (core/retain/flex)
- Define the appropriate processes and tools to ensure regular reviews with the teams: 3-month appraisal, annual review, offboarding review
- Ensure good communication from the crewing team toward the project teams for every change regarding their career path: project extension, contract renewal etc.
- Be a force of proposal for training needs, estimates budget and feasibility.
- Participate to strategic proposal to improve talent retention
- Define and track relevant KPIs for the efficiency of the department
- Ensure all projects are well balanced (expertise, cost, seniority)
- Partner with the global supervisors, the Head of Productions and the SLPP on all strategic decisions about rollovers and talent discussions
- The lead crewing is part of the Operations team and reports to the Head of studio
- Be a mentor, ambassador and representative of Mikros culture and values.
- Actively drive and influence people’s behavior and actions to ensure they are aligned with the Mikros values, vision and mission
- Facilitate the process to grow internal cohesion and a shared culture
- Ensure as a local manager you walk the talk
- As part of the global operations team, exchanges and shares best practices with other Mikros studios
- Motivate and encourage maximum performance and dedication from your team
- Promote communication between colleagues for the benefit of information flow and to anticipate any problems that may arise
- Strong project management skills and a sensitivity towards deadline related deliveries
- Organizational skills – personal efficiency, time management skills and the ability to prioritize competing demands are key
- Communication skills – ability to lead a team, managing diverse personalities and viewpoints; the ability to build relationships and collaborate with others is vital
- Role modelling – demonstrate and lead on the values, initiatives and culture of an organization
- Professional expertise – A strong working knowledge of employment issues, best practice processes, as well as experience of employee relations
- Coaching and mentoring – Whether senior leaders, junior colleagues or middle management, you will be proficient in developing skills in your talent
- Trust – a trusted confidante on talent issues, unafraid of giving your opinions and expertise
- Detail orientated, highly motivated and able to prioritize and take initiative in a fast-paced environment with challenging deadlines
- Problem solvers, comfortable in conflict resolution and negotiation
- Driven by motivating, inspiring and caring for employees
- Speak fluent English and French
- Comfortable with MS Office Suite, Google Suite
- Be familiar with the HR procedures and Quebec Immigration
- Proven experience in Production/HR/Operations, preferably in CG or Tech
- Knowledge of scheduling software