The Lead Post Editor will employ an expert level of craft edit skills and knowledge to assemble and create content using non-linear editing software in a post production environment.
The Lead Post Editor will employ an expert level of craft edit skills and knowledge to assemble and create content using non-linear editing software in a post production environment. They are a creative storyteller in both short and long form content, providing providing complex pieces to support all production partners, clients and colleagues. They are highly skilled communicators to successfully collaborate with clients, peers and management to meet critical deadlines for a wide variety of high profile pieces studio shows, platforms and events. They should be highly skilled in the Adobe Suite (Premiere, AE, Illustrator, Photoshop, Audition, etc.), while ensuring all content meets ESPN’s high standards for video and audio quality. They develop personnel, projects, and individual skillsets that propel Edit and Creative Studio into the future.
- Demonstrates highly skilled edit skills. Performs under strict timelines with little to no supervision.
- Edits a wide range of assignments including: high profile pieces, various show elements and pieces, media management, archival media restore and ingest systems, media exporting and publishing, etc.
- Expert knowledge of broadcast, streaming, digital and social workflow, equipment, facility layouts, and troubleshooting practices as they relate to edit assignments.
- Conducts an expert level of quality control.
- Provides exceptional service to all collaborative partners.
- Will write and provide detailed and concise feedback to editors and management in training initiatives and project contributions.
- Oversees, edits, and designs in a wide range of assignments and equipment within the edit environment at an expert level.
- Expert knowledge of linear, digital and social media workflows, equipment, and troubleshooting practices.
- Recommend adjustments as well as project needs while maintaining maximum creativity and flexibility.
- Leads the team in implementing development initiatives to improve creativity and competency of the editing staff.
- Must have the ability to train and learn new techniques and software platforms that aligns with industry needs and trends.
- Must have expert knowledge to troubleshoot equipment and software issues.
- A minimum of 6 years of work in a Post House, large market or network TV production or related experience.
- Expert skills in non-linear editing
- Ability to work under tight deadlines is critical.
- Candidates must have very good computer background (MS Office, Slack, Work Front, file formatting, etc.)
- Demonstrates exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Flexibility to work overtime and alter shifts/days off to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
- Exceptional organizational, communication and planning skills are required.
- Has in-depth understanding/background in non-linear editing in an area including Avid, Final Cut Pro, Adobe (Premiere, AE, Audition, etc.) Grass Valley, Edius, Resolve, ENPS, etc.
- Expert understanding of linear, non-linear, social media production workflows.
- Knowledge of PC or Mac operating systems.
- Bilingual (written and spoken) in both English and Spanish.
Required Education (required)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in Post Production, Communications, Graphic Design, Journalism, or related field
- Vocational School or related experience