The Lead Storyboard Artist is responsible for maintaining a high level of artistic and visual storytelling by leading a team of storyboard artists and revisionists.
Greater Atlanta Area
Sep 14, 2022
This role reports to the Director. There are two or three Lead Storyboard Artists per series.
- At least 6 years industry experience desired.
- Experience in Feature Animation, Game Cinematics and Live Action a plus.
- At least 2 years of management experience desired.
- Proficiency in Toonboom Storyboard Pro as well as Adobe Suite, particularly Photoshop
- Strong skills in staging, composition, and cinematography as it pertains to storyboarding for animation.
- Working knowledge of basic animation principles and techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of human and animal anatomy.
- Strong skills in action-comedy storytelling.
- Must be able to pitch sequences and scenes to Directors and Supervisors.
- Must have strong time management skills, as well as the ability to meet tight deadlines to the expected level of quality.
- Comfortable working and making decisions independently as well as part of a team.
- Must have the ability to critically self-evaluate, self-edit, and problem solve.
- Thorough understanding of the storyboard pipeline, and how it interconnects with other departments.
- Fantastic anticipation, preparation, and planning.
- Superior organizational skills: Must be able to read and break down the script into clear, well-organized sequences and assignments, while also maintaining a mathematical breakdown, per episode, of where the team is, and how much longer it will take them to achieve their deadlines.
- Example reel: https://vimeo.com/296946154/31e7c1e3e4
- Will breakdown scripts, and organize assignments with the Director.
- Will lead the Storyboard Team in a unified visual manner that achieves the style and quality established on assigned episodes.
- Will help maintain quality control before submissions are made to the Director and Supervising Director.
- Will help organize and maintain files on the server, while also delivering storyboard renders to Edit.
- Well help organize and distribute notes to the team after reviews are made with the Director and Supervising Director.
- Will act as the point person when notes come back from edit about adds or changes.
- Will help train the Storyboard Team, giving constructive feedback and encourage growth.
- Checks and approves team member hours and time off requests, with consent of Director.
Hourly range: $32.00-34.00
Must reside or relocate to GA.
Estimated start: Late October