Lighting artists are responsible for lighting, rendering, and compositing shots together with both character and environment renders into a final frame until it meets the vision of the Director, Production Designer, Director of Cinematography: Lighting, and Lighting Supervisors.
Grip / Lighting / Electric
Greater Los Angeles Area
Lighting artists are expected to present shots in a dailies environment, effectively communicate issues regarding their shots, and deliver top-notch work within production deadlines.
- BA in Art, Digital Media, Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- Understanding of color, contrast, and lighting design
- Notable production experience with 3D lighting and compositing
- A strong visual sense and the ability to distinguish subtle differences that affect the matching of elements created in multiple mediums
- Working knowledge of a node-based compositing system (i.e. Shake or Nuke) required
- Global illumination lighting such as V-Ray, Arnold or similar experience required
- Strong in-depth knowledge of Unix and/or Linux
- Strong problem solving skills and a good eye required
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, taking direction from the Director, Production Designer, Director of Cinematography: Lighting, and Lighting Supervisors.