Cirque du Soleil: We are looking for a Lighting Technician, reporting to the Department Supervisor and Lighting Manager.
As Lighting Technician, your tasks will primarily be to inspect and maintain Lighting equipment on the shows, as well as support the show as needed during rehearsals and/or performances by running follow spot/deck cue tracks. The ideal candidate will work well under pressure, be self-motivated and provide a positive work environment both within the department and working with other departments.
The Lighting Technician will:
- Inspect and maintain lighting equipment, as well as update maintenance and inspection records, as directed;
- Maintain a safe working environment at all times, by adhering to all established safety policies and procedures; participate in all required safety classes and emergency rescue procedure trainings;
- Observe safe wiring practices and maintain equipment, in accordance with industry standards for safe operations;
- Participate in special projects, including the installation of new lighting show elements;
- Develop a thorough knowledge of Lighting Department equipment specific to the production, in order to operate it safely;
- Assist with the cross-training program to backup console operators and moving light repair Technicians;
- Preserve the on-going; long-term “opening night” quality, the lighting designer’s vision, and the artistic integrity of the production according to the needs of artistic, technical and company management;
- Run follow spot /deck cue tracks, as directed for performances, artist training, and special events;
- Maintain cue track documentation and participate in cue track rotation, as directed;
- Work closely with leadership by supporting the shows needs during rehearsals and performances;
- Ensure equipment and supplies are stocked in sufficient quantity to ensure the on-going needs of the production;
- Under the direction of the Department Supervisor and technical management, ensure lighting department documentation is current and formally recorded to preserve the original intention of the designers, and utilize maintenance databases and other provided software tools to track all preventative and reactive maintenance routines, as well as any other information pertinent to the security of the show’s run;
- Maintain a safe working environment, by following all established safety policies and procedures;
- Participate in all required safety classes and emergency rescue procedure trainings;
- Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, rehearsal/training, maintenance and evening show performances;
- Learn and run other pertinent show tracks to ensure the safe and continued operation of the show, as required by the Department Supervisor and Technical Management;
- Complete other job-related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- At least 2 years of previous experience as a professional Lighting Technician or equivalent training;
- Working knowledge of digital test equipment for troubleshooting and repairs;
- Comprehension of basic principles of AC/DC electricity, basic electronics, and computer operations, as it pertains to lighting systems;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Professional appearance and demeanor;
- 10-hour OSHA course completion card required;
- Experience with AutoCAD preferred;
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job including, but not limited to: crouching, kneeling, standing, lifting, sometimes for extended amounts of time; lifting at least 50lbs unassisted, etc.; Full list of essential functions will be sent in the offer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions;
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal;
- Verification of the right to work in the United States for Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group, as demonstrated by completion of the Form I-9 upon hire and the submission of acceptable documentation (as noted on the Form I-9) verifying one’s identity and work authorization;
- Although not a pre-employment condition, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated. If requested, reasonable accommodations will be considered.