Bardel Entertainment: The Line Producer (LP) will provide management and leadership to the specific production in addition to collaborating on other studio wide initiatives.
This role will be responsible to act as a project and people manager in establishing the structure of the production, its resource team, budget, timelines and processes within Company standards. The LP will ensure that the quality of services provided meet the standards of Bardel and meet production deadlines. The LP will also ensure a professional and successful relationship with the client or outside partner. This role has ultimate responsibility for the successful completion of the project and maintains a holistic view over all moving parts required for the show.
What you will be doing?
• Create, maintain and revise as necessary resource and time for the production, coordinating multiple plans, departments, teams and resources where necessary and working in accordance with overall studio and client schedule.
• Work with SVP Development & Production and Production Finance Team to establish the working production budget.
• Track and maintain the production budget, including weekly cost reports, approval of timesheets, invoices, and purchases.
• In conjuncture with Supervising Director, Studio CG Supervisor, Talent Manager and other key creative stakeholders to internally allocate resources to ensure best fit on production(s).
• In conjuncture with recruiting and key creative leads, participate in recruitment efforts interviewing candidates
• Foster and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders: clients, crew, partners, outsource studios, broadcasters, and corporate departments.
• If applicable, manage the script process, including clearances, script meetings, delivery, and related budget.
• If applicable, working with a 3rd party vendor to facilitate voice records.
• Maintain and manage both show production and show artist team while relying on Supervising Director input for show artist’s creative performance.
• Complete annual performance appraisals in collaboration with Leads and Supervisors and when necessary, conduct performance plans in conjuncture with the People and Culture department.
• Establish regular team meetings, involving key supervisors to regularly review progress on production schedule.
• If applicable, working with the Post Supervisor oversee all aspects of sound post and video post-production ensuring timely final delivery.
What you bring with you:
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a leadership role on an animated production required
• Previous experience establishing, managing and tracking against a divisional budget required
• Previous experience successfully managing the staffing resources, scheduling, and asset resources for a divisional team required
• Previous experience providing management on a television series
• Experience working 3D animated series a must, 2D knowledge an asset
• Post-secondary education in, Film, TV Production Management
Qualities for Success:
• Proven ability to communicate with the Director and client’s artistic vision on a project to the team and ensure that the vision is realized in the finished product, while managing time, multiple personalities and budget constraints.
• Exceptional project management skills; able to successfully manage people, expenses, and timelines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Exceptional communicator; able to communicate vision, priorities, and timelines; able to professionally represent Bardel with internal and external contacts
• Exceptional time-management and organizational skill