Titmouse is looking for a strong Line Producer for an animated series starting soon. The Line Producer will partner with series leadership (Creator, Executive Producers, Directors, Story Editors, Production Management, and vendor studios) to oversee, guide and problem solve all phases of production in order to support and facilitate the goals of the show.
Greater Los Angeles Area
The Line Producer bears overall responsibility for the production process, maintaining clarity or information and good channels of communication between production team, director(s), editor(s), production accountant, and any outside facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with the Executive Producer, Supervising Producer, Supervising Director and/or Art Director to deploy scenarios and schedules that accomplish creative and budgetary goals, and seek appropriate approvals from studio senior leadership
- Under the guidance of the Heads of Production and the VP of Production, build and maintain an effective relationship with Partner Studio(s) built on mutual respect, open communication, collaboration and accountability
- Manage and drive daily communication, troubleshoot issues and potential delays with Partner Studio(s)
- Run relevant meetings to ensure clear communication, dissemination of information, acknowledge accomplishments and discuss challenges
- Under the guidance of the Heads of Production and the Production Accountant, create and manage the overall show’s budget and schedule, work closely with the Heads of Production and Production Accountant to ensure that the budget, schedules and staffing profiles are accurate and up to date
- Work with the Production Accountant to ensure the cost report is accurate and timely
- Partner with Recruiting and clearly communicate an overview of the staffing strategy and present the prioritized staffing needs of the series
- Advise the Heads of Production of any potential problems or issues, particularly those impacting schedule, and come prepared with strategic solutions
- Strategize creative solutions to production challenges to ensure schedules are met
- Develop an approval workflow and ensure that the required work is reviewed by all relevant parties
- Invest and partner with series Production Manager and/or Production Supervisor to grow their management and production skillset to further support the crew
- Be transparent with the studio regarding pertinent issues and concerns with the crew and show leadership
- Ensure that the team culture is one of timely feedback (with both positive praise and constructive criticism)
- Foster an environment of collaboration and an environment where mistakes are an opportunity for growth
- When relevant and appropriate, convey studio initiatives to direct reports and the crew
- Liaise daily with external and internal clients and staff ensuring submissions and approvals are managed accordingly.
- Provide regular status reports to external clients and Heads of Production.
- Participate and lead production meetings with production teams both internal and external.
- Work with Business Affairs to initiate vendor agreements as needed for writers, casting directors/voice directors, recording studios, and production companies.
- Partner with both creative and technical groups to ensure that our plans for creative and practical goals can be delivered.
- Assess, manage, and communicate series production schedules and complexities with internal teams, offsite animation studio partners, and external services.
- Manage and mentor the production staff, creating environments where all team members are treated fairly and respectfully, are valued for their talent and perspective, and are given the opportunity to do work that is purposeful and impactful
- Travel as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND REQUIRED ABILITIES
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintain confidentiality over all matters and proprietary information.
- Prioritize work to meet goals and deadlines.
- Detail-oriented, flexible/adaptable.
- Thorough knowledge of animation production process/pipeline.
- Experience with cost reporting.
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications is essential.
- Ability to prepare spreadsheets used for budgeting and scheduling.
- Movie Magic Budgeting
- Google Workspace
- MS Office applications
The right candidate will have a strong understanding of what it takes to produce an animated series. They will have strong leadership skills, will have the ability to relate well to all kinds of people, build rapport, form constructive and effective relationships, utilize diplomacy and tact, and diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
The Titmouse team is working remotely during the pandemic; once it is safe to return to work, this role will work from our Los Angeles location.
Day, Evening, Overnight