ABC10, located in Sacramento, CA, is seeking a full-time Longform Video Content Editor/Photographer. The ideal candidate will bring a new level to our editing content for the new ABC10 show, “To the Point with Alex Bell”, that will be on all of our platforms (television, internet, mobile).
Sacramento, California Area
Jul 15, 2022
The Longform Video Content Editor/Photographer will also help shoot stories in the field. On occasion, news editing for daily ABC10 broadcasts may also be requested.
Our ideal candidates are familiar with the latest editing software, tools, and techniques as well as the latest photography tools and standards. They quickly create unique and exciting content on all platforms.
- Edits news and feature stories, voiceovers, teases, and other video elements for “To the Point” and pre-taped specials as needed.
- Ability to multi-task, handling editing assignments, story shoots, and asset management while constantly monitoring quality control.
- Ability to determine good audio and picture quality; ability to edit with continuity and creativity on non-linear systems.
- Non-linear editing experience; knowledge of Premiere, Adobe Suite, and Edius a plus.
- Experience with Bit Central playback and archive system.
- Maintain station archive system.
- TV News photography experience preferred
- At least three years of experience in video editing, including non-linear.
- Must be flexible with schedule, reliable, dependable, and able to work a flexible shift, including holidays, evenings, mornings, weekends, and occasional overtime.
- Must be team-oriented, have a positive attitude, possess good computer skills and strong communication skills.
- Must possess organizational skills and the ability to work under constant deadlines; ability to multitask and prioritize multiple needs simultaneously.
- Ability to create/edit material for on-air broadcasts and web while meeting deadlines.
- We put a premium on personal integrity, teamwork, accountability, problem-solving and a strong work ethic.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.