The Production Resource Manager is responsible for managing, scheduling and forecasting the staffing needs of Lux Machina in collaboration with department Directors.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Jul 13, 2022
Must keep a global view of staffing across the organization
- Work with the LuxMC Virtual Production Producers and LuxMC Virtual Production Managers to generate an accurate estimate of the stage or on-set labor based on a thorough plan for the project in question; advise on sourcing talent to effectively execute LuxMC Virtual Production projects.
- Work closely with department directors on global staffing and scheduling.
- Attend sales and production meetings to understand and forecast hiring needs.
- Work closely with department directors to understand employee skills, desires and ability to cover multiple disciplines and staff accordingly.
- Manage staff with regards to project schedules and vacation.
- Work with recruiting to develop and maintain job descriptions.
- Coordinate employee reviews with department directors.
- Coordinate project based reviews via performance management system.
- Coordinate project post mortems.
- Develop initiatives to continuously improve and advance the department and staff.
- Maintain a list of freelancers.
- Work with department directors to define career paths and requirements and skills for career development.
- Assist with and approve expense reports.
- Occasional travel to set and/or client meetings.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
- 5+ years of experience in production management.
- Experience with successful on-set client interaction and key creative collaboration.
- Track record of successfully delivering high-quality data in a rapidly changing environment
- Proven track record in leadership and mentorship.
- Strong comprehension of the concepts, practices, and procedures used in visual effects and film production.
- Experience in a visual effects and shot production pipeline.
- Must be highly computer literate with Mac and Windows as well as GSuite.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and diplomacy skills.
- Ability to deliver superior service and build lasting relationships by demonstrating NEP’s Core Values: innovative, one team, passion and integrity.