The purpose of this position is to incorporate the LuxMC base level with assets provided by other departments and lead the team that operates the UE4 system on set and maintains version control for on set assets.
Jun 23, 2022
- Collaborate with the team on the UE4-based real-time rendering system on set.
- Prepare the various UE4 levels for the execution of an in-camera VFX shooting environment in collaboration with the Virtual Production Supervisor.
- Assist with the UE4 system setup, calibration, and operation during shooting, and work in pre-production to identify any custom code or custom blueprints that need to be created
- Work with the Virtual Camera Supervisor to ensure quality real-time tracking data and the integrity of all captured data.
- Work with the Virtual Production Supervisor to ensure the quality and integrity of all digital assets
- Work with Production and the Virtual Production TD to maintain a color pipeline for the on set system that conforms to the needs of Production.
- Work with all departments to establish on set workflow and ensure that all relevant stakeholders have access to GUI interfaces relevant to their on set responsibilities as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to execute technically difficult work and maintain a productive attitude under the pressure of live action production.
- Must be highly computer literate.
- Must be an excellent troubleshooter to diagnose and solve issues in complex integrated systems of computers, video recording systems, software, and other sensor driven systems.
- Familiar with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures used in visual effects and live-action film production
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
- Must be proficient with Unreal Engine
- Must be familiar with Unreal Blueprint
- Familiarity with version control preferred (IE Perforce)
- Familiarity with motion capture systems.
- Knowledge of physical lighting protocols such as DMX, artnet and sACN preferred
- Familiarity with ACES/OCIO a plus
- Experience working on set in live television and film a plus
- Knowledge of C++ and Python a plus
- Ability to deliver superior service and build lasting relationships by demonstrating NEP’s Core Values: innovative, one team, passion and integrity.