The Manager Audio Mixer at DMED Prospect works with her team to ensure the sound portions of our products meet technical specifications required by a variety of distribution outlets as well as impress the ears of our audiences.
He/She/They evaluates timelines provided by a large group of offline participants and works with Post Production Producers to determine who on the mixing team is best suited for recording narration and mixing of specific projects or groups of projects. Additionally, this role participates in daily spot production and mixing as priorities dictate.
The Manager Audio Mixer manages, schedules, develops, and motivates the audio team to create and output the highest quality content in a fast-paced environment. This is a key role in ensuring team members are equipped with the necessary skills and resources to create and evaluate aesthetic and technical quality for assets representing multiple Walt Disney Television networks. This role requires a positive leader who demonstrates integrity and empathy, strives for excellence every day, and works to build an inclusive team that pursues continual innovation and celebrates wins.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
- Direct management of audio mixing team, including scheduling and load balancing
- Oversee Audio Mixers’ career development and training opportunities
- Prepare, mix and export OMF and AAF timelines submitted by various offline teams using Pro Tools as needed
- Track industry innovations and trends that could benefit our work in this constantly changing technical environment
- Assist in the development of departmental media workflows and delivery processes
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in television audio post production
- Must have significant experience managing conflict and large professional teams successfully
- Must possess expertise in Pro Tools Ultimate (2019.6.0) or greater, with S6 Control Surface
- Must be willing to work in office and on a rotating schedule in fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Must be proficient with sound effects packages and sound design
- Must possess working knowledge of technical HD broadcast standards (including LQFS metering and restrictions)
- Must have a positive attitude and great communication skills
- Must be proficient in various computer software, including PC & Mac environments
- Knowledge of Premiere Pro preferred
- Preferred bachelor’s degree in media related area of study