This position manages all elements that are exclusive to the live show experience.
The Manager, Live Programming & Entertainment must be dedicated, thorough, can resolve problems, and provide clear direction in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborates with Game Entertainment department to manage Bucks live game programming and serves as the Game Night Stage Manager and secondary Game Director for all home pre-season, regular season and playoff games
- Department lead for the execution of programming/planning initiatives, including: rehearsals, equipment needs/assignment, game night staff hiring, staff assignments, script writing, format planning and video/skit production.
- Coordinate the organization, production, and execution of all assets for every Bucks game night
- Complete all in-game promotions including live features, crowd prompts, music and camera shots
- Manages close partnership with Fiserv Forum Productions department to ensure all home games and events at the arena are meeting organization/NBA standards
- Responsible for conducting (ongoing and annual) performance reviews for ALL part-time/game night staffing.
- Manage all company “Live Programs” (Open Scrimmage, Playoff Watch Party, etc…)
- Serve as a Secondary Director for Bucks Live Programming and Events
- Staff Assignment/Management regarding all in-arena promotions and live experiences, which are represented by all facets of the Bucks organization.
- Collaborate with Department Director to outline and forecast budget needs specific to programming/presentation areas.
- Responsible for the game night inventory grid for all departments of the Bucks organization
- Lead ABI Manager for part-time staff accounting / payroll checks and balances
- Develop strong long-term relationships with entertainment and production vendors that result in achieving production/performance goals while improving the company’s budget limitations.
- Supervise and develop all department internships including: creating work assignments, scheduling, and payroll
- Act as talent scout searching out new talent, music, movie clips or entertainment that could be incorporated into Bucks game presentation
- Uses reviews to assure constant evolution/improvement of event processes (including, but not limited to: staff morale building, team building, and conflict resolution)
- Partner with other departments (i.e…Corporate Partnerships, Ticket Sales, Marketing, and Community Relations) to help activate department objectives
- Lead and conduct bi-weekly meetings with all department managers that use in-game inventory. Manage all company inventory on a day-to-day basis and will assist the Director in creation/adjustment of inventory processes to start each season.
- Network with various NBA teams and identify Best Practices and comparable challenges
- Assist with video production for internal and external clients
- 3-5 years of live entertainment programming and/or related production experience with at least 2 years of experience in a stadium or arena entertainment experience
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and a positive, upbeat personality with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Strong creative abilities and a passion for content creation!
- Availability to work ALL Milwaukee Bucks home games and other special events as needed
- Reliable, punctual, and courteous
- Able to work nights, weekends, and some holidays
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and/or InDesign
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear
- Unlimited physical mobility and the ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds
All offers for employment with the Milwaukee Bucks are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check and drug screening. We will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state, and Federal laws.