Wondery is hiring for a Managing Producer to oversee the production processes for our always-on shows. This role will manage day-to-day production across multiple podcasts and supervise the production of each episode.
You will be the main point of contact between your show vertical and marketing, sales, and ad operations to ensure a smooth production process for episodes and deliverables, including building and maintaining calendars, budgets, contracts, and facilitating delivery of assets. Strong organization and communication skills are absolutely essential for this role.
You will report to the Head of Production (who leads a team of managing producers and coordinating producers) and work closely with your show vertical. This is an opportunity to help build and maintain infrastructure and organization for our growing slate of commissioned original shows. We develop premium content and this role is key to building the foundation under each show.
This role can be based in either West Hollywood, CA or Brooklyn, NY.
Key job responsibilities
- Create and oversee production calendars, production budgets, and logistics across all productions.
- Manage deliverable schedules and maintain deadlines.
- Coordinate production logistics with internal staff and external contractors.
- Manage freelance production personnel (Editors, Writers, Sound Designers, hosts, etc) and their onboarding.
- Act as main point of contact between Commissioned Originals and other Wondery departments to deliver needed assets.
- Oversee and support producers with remote and studio recordings.
- Provide feedback on scripts and sound design as needed.
A day in the life
The person in this role will report to the Head of Production and work closely with the head of your vertical as well as internal Wondery content producer teams. They will have the opportunity to see, up close, what it takes to run and maintain successful shows to ensure each show runs smoothly.
- 3+ years experience as a producer/production manager or line producer
- 3+ years experience with budgeting, scheduling and cost reports
- 4+ years of audio production experience.
- Project management skills with proven ability to pivot and creatively problem solve.
- A systematic or process-driven approach to projects with a bias for action.
- Skilled at self-direction and strong ownership of project and process.
- Effective leadership and diplomatic communication skills.