Wondery is hiring for a Managing Producer to oversee the production processes for our UK original productions.
London, United Kingdom
Jun 14, 2022
This role will manage day-to-day production processes across multiple podcast productions and work with show teams to ensure productions remain on schedule and on budget. It is the perfect role for the audio professional who gravitates toward spreadsheets and scheduling.
You will be vital to the UK Podcast Content team, providing the main logistical support, being the main point of contact between the UK team and marketing and ad operations to ensure a smooth production process for episodes and deliverables, and building and maintaining calendars, budgets, contracts, and facilitating delivery of assets. Strong organization and communication skills are absolutely essential for this role.
You will report to the Head of Podcast Content UK and work closely with internal and external Wondery content producer teams and the US production team. The UK Podcast Content team is a highly creative, dedicated group who love collaborating and problem solving together. This is an opportunity to help build and maintain infrastructure and organization for our growing slate of shows. We develop premium content and this role is key to building the foundation under each show.
Key job responsibilities
- Create and oversee implementation of production calendars and schedules across the department.
- Manage deliverable schedules and show budgets.
- Coordinate production logistics with internal staff and external contractors.
- Manage freelance production personnel (Editors, Writers, Sound Designers, hosts) and their onboarding.
- Act as main point of contact between UK Podcast Content and other Wondery departments to deliver needed assets.
- Oversee and support producers with remote and studio recordings.
- Provide feedback on scripts and sound design as needed.
- 5+ years experience as a producer, production manager or line producer
- 5+ years of experience with budgeting, scheduling and cost reporting
- Experience with on-set problem solving
- Minimum 5+ years managing multiple productions in a content realm as project manager, line producer or the equivalent
- Excellent project management skills with proven ability to pivot and creatively problem solve.
- A systematic or process-driven approach to projects with a bias for action.
- Skilled at self-direction and strong ownership of project and process.
- Deep knowledge of the Podcast industry
- Effective leadership and diplomatic communication skills.